Two BA/SLS students, Cody Parmley and Marie Ganoot, joined with faculty and staff to share information about SLS and play a few language games with high school students, transfer students, and parents. Check out the photos below!
• SLS DEPARTMENT ORIENTATION. Thursday, August 21 from 2-4 pm. Begins at the Center for Korean Studies Auditorium for all new SLS students, then from around 2:45 in Moore 103 for BA/SLS students, followed by a reception from 4-6 pm in the Moore Hall Courtyard.
• ADD/DROP. The last day to drop a class is Tuesday, September 2. The last day to add is Wednesday, September 3 at 4 pm.
• GRADUATING IN SPRING 2015? You'll need to complete "graduation session" paperwork by the end of September. Make an appointment with your SLS advisor for early September.
• CHUO U/UHM CONFERENCE. The First Chuo-UHM Student Conference on Linguistics, Psycholinguistics and Second Language Acquisition will be on Tuesday, September 16 from 2:00-4:45 pm in the Center for Korean Studies, followed by a reception at 5 pm.
• MANDATORY ADVISING FOR SLS MAJORS. Dates TBA, but most likely will be the 3-week period from November 3-21.
• WITHDRAWAL FROM CLASSES. The last day for in-person withdrawal from classes (with a 'W' on your transcript) is Friday, October 24 at 4 pm.
• LAST DAY OF CLASSES. Thursday, December 11.
• FINAL EXAM WEEK. Monday-Friday, December 15-19.
• Fall 2014 GRADUATION. Saturday, December 20.