The Department of Second Language Studies is a world leader in teaching and research in the field. Our internationally renowned faculty have hundreds of publications, including scholarly books, research articles, and language textbooks, and are often invited as plenary speakers at major conferences. A major in SLS means being part of a multilingual and globally focused community located in the multicultural crossroads of the Pacific. Follow the links below for more information about majoring in SLS:
- About the SLS Major: What is Second Language Studies?
- Courses for the SLS BA: SLS Course offerings and descriptions
- Declaring a Major in SLS: Steps towards declaring your major
- Planning Your Degree: Requirements for completing your major
- Academic Advising: Overview of requirements related to academic advising